Every Primary School is given additional funding to improve PE and Sport for its pupils.
This page details how Stanford Infant School uses the Primary School PE & Sport Premium to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and Sport, so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
The Department for Education (DfE) has guidance on the PE and Sport Premium Grant which can be found by clicking here.
Our Vision for Physical Education at Stanford Infant School
Our vision is for the children of Stanford Infant School to develop a lifelong love of sport, physical expression, fitness and activity. We promise that we will encourage the children to aspire for greater goals, challenge themselves and others and become respectful team leaders and members. Achieving personal excellence, pushing themselves to never give up and being inclusive team members are attributes that we hope our children will take with them through life. We hope that the children of Stanford Infants will leave us with a thirst for more!
Please click on the following image to be directed to the current Timetable for PE
At Stanford Infant School we have:
- Hired qualified Sports Coaches to work with our teachers during PE lessons; so far we have hired Cricket, Tennis and Gymnastic Coaches
- Run a Change4Life Club and Football Club at Lunchtimes
- Provided resources and training courses in PE and Sport for teachers
- Run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Games and run sports activities with other schools
- To take part in our PE & Sport Survey please click on this link: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/TJN5JW8
Welcome to the first addition of our Sports’ at Stanford Newsletter! Click here to view a copy now… more additions to follow soon.
Please click on the links below to read our PE & Sports’ Funding Action Plans & Reviews and to see how the funding is spent:
- PE & Sports’ Funding Action Plan 2016-2017
- Review of PE & Sports’ Funding Action Plan 2015-2016
- PE & Sports’ Funding Action Plan 2015-2016
- Review of PE & Sports’ Funding Action Plan 2014-2015
- PE & Sports’ Funding Action Plan 2014-2015
- Review of PE & Sports’ Funding Action Plan 2013-2014
- PE & Sports’ Funding Action Plan 2013-2014
We have developed positive links with PE Development – a copy of their Yearly Reviews can be found below. For more information about PE Development please visit their website by clicking on the link below: