Due to the unique times we are all facing, we have developed Home Learning activities for you to complete with your child at home. This information will also be circulated via SchoolPing.
We have got workbooks, pencils, etc. that we can send home with your child in the event of full closure, alternatively, you can collect these from the School Office from Friday.
Click on the image below to be directed to a copy of Daily Timetable, which you could use and adapt. We are creative with our planning; therefore, this is just a guide. PLEASE NOTE, this is only a guide for those who would like it and certainly not what we are expecting you to do!
Watch some Tinga Tales online. Think about the story pattern and structure in each story, talk about what is the same and different.
Activity: Have a go at writing your own Tinga Tale.
Steps to Success for writing your Tinga Tale
• Capital letters, full stops, questions marks, exclamation marks.
• Use some repetitive language used in the tinga tales (There was a time when…, Jambo! And that is why… And why….? Well that’s a whole other story).
• Use conjunctions (because, so, but, and).
• Use some time adverbials (Then, Finally, The next day).
Read and share lots of different books with your families – see Year 2 Core Text List
Find out about food chains – key vocabulary: sun, producer, primary consumer, secondary consumer, tertiary consumer, herbivore, carnivore and omnivore.
Activity: Draw your own food chain. Don’t forget to start with the sun!
Steps to Success for drawing your own food chain
• Draw the sun.
• Draw the producer (plant) and label it.
• Draw the primary consumer (herbivore) and label it.
• Draw the secondary consumer and label it.
• Draw the tertiary consumer and label it.
• Make sure there are arrows between each drawing.
Practise naming the continents and oceans of the world. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6DSMZ8b3LE
Activity: Keep a weather chart- how warm does it feel? How much rainfall has there been? Is it windy? Is it cloudy? Is it sunny? (example at the bottom of the page) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmSKsyJ15yg
Explore how Easter is celebrated around the world. Look at pictures of churches and think about the different features both inside and outside. Try to make a model church with recycled materials include pews, stained glass windows, the altar, people and anything else you like.
Activity: Illustrate your Tinga Tale with some Tinga art. Look at the animals in the videos you watch, their patterns are only on one part of their body, which part will you choose to draw your colourful pattern. Try to draw a background too.
Steps to Success for drawing your Tinga Tale illustration
• Look closely at the patters on the animals.
• Draw your animal and the background.
• Add pattern to parts of your drawing.
• Colour it in using colours pencils/pens.
Practise your skipping skills and try to get lots of exercise in the garden or go on ‘GoNoodle’ indoors. https://e.gonoodle.com/e/c/eyJlbWFpbF9pZCI6IlJOcUpBZ01BQVhEb3F3SGE0cVgzc09rN3FrVnM2QT09IiwiaHJlZiI6Imh0dHA6Ly93d3cuZ29ub29kbGUuY29tL2dvb2RlbmVyZ3kiLCJsaW5rX2lkIjoxOTA0OTM3MDQsInBvc2l0aW9uIjozfQ/4ba468ee03806217fa1646453d2821f35fcf2eb8266de7914ab8bf2b9a1ec4d3