Governors work with Senior Leaders in the strategic development of the school and in raising standards of achievement. Duties include setting the school’s vision, aims & objectives, approving the school budget and appointing the Head Teacher. The functions of a Governing Body are described in detail in the DfE’s Governance Handbook.
Governors must both support and challenge the Head Teacher, so need to gain an understanding of the school’s overall performance in order to explain its decisions and actions. They do this by attending regular meetings, carrying out school visits and meeting with senior leaders. They also attend training in order to keep up to date with the requirements of their role. Governors work as a team and make collective decisions.
The Full Governing Body meets at least twice a term to discuss the performance and management of the school and agree policy decisions. Working Groups meet as required.
On this page you can find:
- Governors Information Pack, including details of any Governor Vacancies
- Details of the Governing Body
- Full Governing Body Minutes
- Finance & Staffing Committee Minutes
- Record of Attendance
If you are unable to find the information you’re looking for, please contact the School Office or email the Clerk.
Governor Information Pack
The Governing Body currently has the following vacancy, please click on the following documents for more information:
- Parent Governor Vacancy
- Nomination form for Parent Governor at Stanford Infant School
- Being a School Governor
The Governing Body:
The Governing Body consists of the following members. If you would like to know more information on each of the Governors, including the date of their appointment, any register of interests and Governor Committees, you can find it on the Governing Body Members Page.
|Madeleine Denyer||Head Teacher|
|Tanya Grimshire||Co-opted||Vice Chair|
|Wil Mackintosh||Co-opted||Chair, Finance Cttee|
|Jane Peckham||Local Authority|
Minutes of Meetings:
Minutes of the Full Governors’ and Finance & Staffing Meetings will be posted here once they have been approved and signed by the Governing Body at the next meeting.
SIS Full Governing Body Minutes 2016-2017
- SIS Full Governing Body Minutes – 13th July 2017
- SIS Full Governing Body Minutes – 17th May 2017
- SIS Full Governing Body Minutes – 4th April 2017
- SIS Full Governing Body Minutes – 1st February 2017
- SIS Full Governing Body Minutes – 5th December 2016
- SIS Full Governing Body Minutes – 29th September 2016
SIS Finance & Staffing Minutes 2016-2017
- SIS Finance & Staffing Minutes – 13th July 2017
- SIS Finance & Staffing Minutes – 17th May 2017
- SIS Finance & Staffing Minutes – 4th April 2017
- SIS Finance & Staffing Minutes – 1st February 2017
- SIS Finance & Staffing Minutes – 5th December 2016
- SIS Finance & Staffing Minutes – 29th September 2016
Record of Attendance
The Constitution of Governing Bodies in Maintained Schools (August 2015) requires Governing Bodies to publish individual Governors’ attendance at meetings in the last year.
Please click here to find Governor Record of Attendance at FGB Meetings in 15/16 and in 16/17.